This organization shall be known as the Cave Run Sailing Association, INC. (CRSA). Its location shall be Cave Run Lake, Morehead, KY. CRSA is a 501(C)4 organization.
Article II Purpose
Purposes for which the CRSA is founded are: to obtain, develop and maintain adequate sailing facilities and/or accommodations at and upon Cave Run Lake; to cooperate and counsel with the duty constituted authorities concerning the furtherance of the objectives and interests of the CRSA and the betterment of Cave Run Lake and its environs; and to promote the sport of sailiing and to foster and emphasize a spirit of mutual helpfulness and courteous consideration among the members of the CRSA, and to promote safe and courteous boating of all types.
Article III Membership
- All persons desiring to further the purposes of the CRSA shall be eligible for membership.
- There shall be three classes of membership:
Any person desiring membership, upon making an application and paying the annual dues shall become a regular member. The regular membership shall include all members of the immediate family of the member; namely spouse, dependent children under the age of 18, and dependents 18 to 24 who are full-time students, all of whom shall be entitled to club privileges. However, voting members shall be those regular members age twenty one or over.
Honorary membership maybe bestowed upon any person so elected by a majority vote of the Executive Committee. No dues shall be assessed to honorary members and they shall be entitled to all the privileges of a regular member except the privilege of voting or holding office.
Elementary, secondary and full-time college students, ages 7 through 24 who are not included in a regular family membership. Student members are entitled to participate in educational and club racing activities. Parental or legal guardian permission will be required for those under 18 years of age. Student members do not have voting or office holding privileges.
Article IV Dues & Racing Fees
Dues and/or racing fees may be set by the membership at the annual meeting and/or by the Executive Committee, by majority vote. Annual dues shall be assessed January 1. Any regular member who fails to pay the annual dues by April 1 shall be dropped from membership. Members failing to pay racing fees prior to participation in the race or race series shall not be eligible to receive a trophy.
Article V Meetings
- The annual meeting shall be held in November at a time and place fixed by the Executive Committee.
- Executive Committee meetings shall be called by the Commodore or by two other members of the Executive Committee, as needed to conduct the affairs of the CRSA between regular meetings of the membership.
- Executive Committee meetings shall be conducted by Robert’s Rules of Order except as modified by these By- Laws.
- Regular meetings of the membership may be scheduled by the Executive Committee or upon a request by 25 percent of the membership.
- Quorum: The number of members of the Executive Committee and/or regular members at any meeting shall constitute a quorum.
- Ten days’ notice shall be given to all regular members of any meeting of the membership and a like notice shall be given to members of the Executive Committee of any meeting of that body.
Article VI Officers’ Duties & Election
- Commodore: The Commodore shall preside at all meetings of the CRSA and of the Executive Committee. The Commodore may appoint standing or temporary committees as may be desired, with the exception of the Race Committee. In addition, the Commodore may determine and/or alter the duties of the officers provided the same is approved by the Executive Committee.
- Vice Commodore: The Vice Commodore shall assist the Commodore in all his duties and shall in the absence of the commodore assume his duties, and shall be responsible for organizing the Grand Annual Regatta.
- Rear Commodore: The Rear Commodore shall direct the Racing Program.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer shall have charge of all the money belonging to CRSA and shall keep an accurate account of all monies received and expended and of the paid-up status of the membership.
- Secretary: The Secretary shall keep accurate minutes of all meetings and of the business transacted, and handle all correspondence delegated by the Commodore.
- Harbor Master: The Harbor Master shall be responsible for the duties assigned to him by the Commodore and shall supervise and maintain boats and other equipment belonging to the CRSA.
- Social Chairman: The Social Chairman shall be responsible for the development and implementation of the CRSA social activities.
- Membership Chairman: The Membership Chairman shall maintain accurate membership records and in conjunction with the Treasurer determine and record the paid up status of the membership.
- Webmaster: The Webmaster shall maintain the CRSA website.
- Cruise Director: The Cruise Director shall receive applications for proposed cruises, present proposed cruises to the Executive Committee for review and approval, and implement approved cruises within guidelines established by the Executive Committee.
- Youth Sailing Director: The Youth Sailing Director shall organize and implement sailing instruction and activities for youth and children members of CRSA.
Article VII Elections
Elections: All elected officers of the CRSA shall be elected for a term of one year beginning at the annual meeting in November. The Nominating Committee shall present a slate of officers at the annual meeting at which time nominations from the floor shall be in order.
Article VIII Committees & Their Duties
1. Executive Committee:
(a) The executive power and general management of the CRSA shall be vested in the Executive Committee.
(b) The Executive Committee shall consist of twelve members: Commodore, Vice Commodore, Rear Commodore, Treasurer, Secretary, Harbor Master, Social Chairman, Webmaster, Membership Chairman, Cruise Director, Youth Sailing Director, and the immediate past Commodore.
2. Nominating Committee:
A Nominating Committee of at least three Regular Members, excluding current CRSA officers, shall be appointed by the Commodore at least thirty days prior to the annual meeting. The Committee shall select and present a single slate of officers at the annual membership meeting.
3. Financial Committee:
A Financial Committee shall be appointed by the Commodore to review the CRSA financial status at the end of each calendar year, and present the report to the Executive Committee.
4. Other committees as needed may be appointed by the Commodore as approved by the Executive Committee.
Article IX Amendments
1. Amendments to these By Laws may be enacted by a two-thirds vote of those present at a membership meeting, or vote of the membership conducted by electronic means.
2. Unless made from the floor at a membership meeting, notice of any proposed changes to these By Laws shall be included in the notice provided for any membership meeting of the CRSA membership.
Article X Nondiscrimination
The Cave Run Sailing Association is an equal opportunity organization that does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, creed, political affiliation, disability, sexual preference, or marital status.